NOTE: The sins of one generation are passed on to the next generation and spiritual strongholds are established.
"And now also the ax is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire." (Matthew 3:10)
NOTE: Evil fruit just doesn't appear. It come from evil
seed that was planted and grew into evil trees. In order to destroy
the evil trees, on must first discover where the roots are and then cut
1. Money was borrowed to buy the land for the town
2. The first business was a whiskey business.
3. Merchants soon set up their shops to gain the wages of the solders.
4. The town was known for its saloons, barmaids, and gambling.
5. House of prostitution were established to entertain the young men.
6. Rioting was common place in this frontier town.
7. Respectable area residents called the town "Across The River Town."
8. It became a refuge to the restless and the malcontent.
9. The town also attracted its share of buffalo hunters.
10. Religion also got its foothold as various churches were established.
1. DIVISION = strife, contention, bickering, argument, quarreling, fighting, judgment, condemnation, criticism, faultfinding, and divorce.
2. ALCOHOL = drugs, medication, nicotine, caffeine, gluttony, tranquilizers, theft, irresponsibility, poverty, and violence.
3. IMPATIENCE = greed, borrowing, deception, lying, selfishness, unforgiveness, and pride.
4. MERCHANDISING = (in bad sense), arrogance, material lust, tiredness, weariness, pride, cheating, lying, and disaster.
5. RIOTOUSNESS = lawlessness, anger, wrath, bitterness, violence, revenge, hate, assault, and murder.
6. GAMBLING = speculation, laziness, stealing, kleptomania, apathy, greed, irresponsibility, and procrastination.
7. PROSTITUTION = lust, pornography, adultery, fornication, sexual assault, rape, incest, and frigidity.
8. ASHTAROTH = control, possessiveness, dominance, Mariology, witchcraft, depression, oppression, and suppression.
9. MALCONTENTMENT = restlessness, roving, insomnia, tension, headaches, nervous habits, worry, anxiety, fear, dread, rejection, hurt, and suicide.
10. UNCLEANLINESS = course, cursing, jesting, railing, belittling, exposure, masturbation, and oral sex.
11. RELIGIOUSNESS = ritualism, formalism, legalism, doctrinal obsession, seduction, guilt, ungodly fear, idolatry, intellectualism, doubt, and skepticism.
12. REBELLION = idolatry, witchcraft, stubbornness, hard-heartedness,
false religions, occult, terror, white magic, and fortune telling.
"The said he, Knowest thou wherefore I come unto thee? and now will I return to fight with the prince of Persia: and when I am gone forth, lo, the prince of Grecia shall come." (Daniel 10:20).
NOTE: An Angel's viewpoint.
NOTE: The battle continues.
"The kings came and fought, then fought the kings of Canaan in Taanach by the waters of Megido; they took no gain of money. They fought from heaven; the stars in their courses fought against Sisera." (Judges 5:19-20).
NOTE: Man ws to participate in this battle with the LORD.
"Curse ye Meroz, said the angel of the LORD, curse ye bitterly the inhabitants thereof, because thy came not to help the LORD, to the help of the LORD against the mighty." (Judges 5:23).
NOTE: The question rings through time:
"Shall your brethren go to war, and shall ye
*** We also need to see that God has an army of angels waiting to go
into battle according to our word of prayer.
a. By prayer.
b. By preaching the Word.
a. By prayer = II Kings 6:16-17.
b. By praise = Psalm 149:6-9.
c. By the Word = Matthew 4:1-10.
d. By proclamation = Luke 17:6.
e. By clapping of hands = Job 27:23.
*** We need to pray that God's kingdom replaces the kingdom of the enemy!!!
2. FULNESS OF THE SPIRIT (Ephesians 5:18) vs. alcohol.
3. PATIENCE (I Timothy 3:3) vs. impatience.
4. SPIRITUAL MINDEDNESS (Romans 5:8) vs. merchandising.
5. PEACE (Romans 14:17) vs. riotousness.
6. GENEROSITY (Luke 6:38) vs. gambling.
7. LOVE (I Corinthians 13:1-13) vs. prostitution.
8. THE FATHERHOOD OF GOD (Ephesians 4:6) vs. Ashtaroth.
9. HEALING OF HURTS (Luke 4:18) vs. malcontentment.
10. PURITY (Philippians 4:8) vs. uncleanliness.
11. HEARING GOD (John 10:27) vs. religiousness.
12. SUBMISSION (James 4:7) vs. rebellion.
NOTE: Although God has laid the promise before us, we still must go in and possess the land!!!
"Behold, I have set the land before you: go in and possess the land which the LORD sware unto your fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, to give unto them and to their seed after them." (Deuteronomy 1:8).
"And if ye be Christ's then are ye Abraham's seed,
and heirs according to the promise." (Galatians 3:29).
2. PRAY for God to send labourers. (Matthew 9:37-38).
3. SEE That God has given to us the city. (Joshua 6:2).
4. GO IN and TAKE the spoil. (Matthew 10:7-8).
a. Preach ...
b. Heal ...
c. Cleanse ...
d. Raise ...
e. Cast out ...