Sometimes a person may say, "I have prayed about the situation and think that I have forgiven the person who hurt me, but the emotional pain still overwhelms me at times."
We should understand that forgiveness is one good positive step, but forgiveness does not equal emotional healing.
Here is a list of steps:
1. Admit that the pain is real.If you have started on the right path to receive emotional healing, but have gotten stuck along the way and need some help, please call me at (325) 651-9516. See: http://www.wholeperson-counseling.org
2. Purpose before God and by His grace to forgive the offender.
3. Place the offenders judgment in God's hands and ask God to forgive him.
4. Ask the Lord to forgive you of any unforgiveness, bitterness, hate, revenge, or jealousy that you have.
5. Ask the Lord to take back any ground that you have yielded to the enemy. (You don't want to leave any strongholds.)
6. Take authority over any evil spirits, bind them and command them to leave in the Name of Jesus.
7. Ask the Father to heal you based upon the finished work of Jesus.
8. Ask the Father to take away any hardness of heart and give you a new heart that is tender and sensitive to the feelings of others.
9. Ask the Father to fill your new heart with His LOVE so that when you view the memory again that you will see it through Gods' love.