Just like a car engine, our spiritual lives from time to time need a tune-up.
* The spark plugs and wires need to be changed.This is Basil Frasure with Whole Person Counseling of San Angelo. I often work with people, with the aid of the chief mechanic, the Holy Spirit, to give people a spiritual tune-up. If you are having difficulties in your spiritual life and need a tune-up please contact me at (325) 651-9516.
This is compared with the renewing of our thought patterns.
* The oil needs to be drained and changed.
This is like letting go of bitterness and resentment and adding the fresh love of God.
* The carburetor or fuel injectors need to be cleaned.
This compares with the cleansing of the conscience with the Word of God.
* The timing may also need to be adjusted.
This compares with patiently waiting upon the will of God.
* The air filter may also need to be cleansed or replaced.
We may need to restrict what we take into our souls.
* The fuel tank may need to be filled with fresh gasoline.
We may need a fresh filling of the Holy Spirit.
* It is not uncommon to also need a new battery.
We also need a quite time with the Lord to get the day going.