Hearing And Obeying God
There is no greater thing for one to do than to hear and obey God. However, before we can obey God we must first listen to hear Him.
Here are some principles of listening to hear from God.
1. We should have an expectation that God will speak to us. Jesus said, "My sheep hear my voice, I know them and they follow me."
2. It is good to come to God with a sincere question. God said, "Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not" (Jeremiah 33:3).
3. We should come to God with a committed heart to do whatever He asks. God said, "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." (II Chronicles 7:14).
4. We should come to God with undivided attention to hear. Mary sat down at the feet of Jesus and heard his words while Martha was distracted with house keeping. (Luke 10:38-42).
5. We should come to God with a rested mind. David said, "My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up" (Psalm 5:3). David prayed early in the morning because he was refreshed at that time.